You know that scene from Ratatouille when Remy is describing flavour combinations, and how the tastes come together like fireworks? That’s what this ice cream is like.
2 12 oz containers of blueberries
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced basil leaves (I used Thai basil)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 500g tubs of 0.5% fat Greek yogurt
1. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the basil leaves and sugar in to a paste.
2. Combine blueberries, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and basil sugar in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
3. Stir, mashing the blueberries with the back of the spoon, until everything is well combined and starts to thicken (about 10 minutes).
4. Transfer mixture to the fridge or freeze until cool.
5. Once cool, stir thoroughly with the Greek yogurt
6. Prepare according to your ice cream maker’s guide.
7. No ice cream maker? You can enjoy this treat chilled from the fridge, or try freezing the mixture for 1-2 hours, checking in and stirring periodically.