As I neared the end of another week I was looking for a way to use up the odds and ends in the fridge before tomorrow’s farmer’s market. This is a very set-it-and-forget-it kind of meal, yet still ends up looking and tasting phenomenal.
For the vegetables
5 golden beets, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 parsnip, peeled and sliced
1 bunch of kale, chopped thinly
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Lay the beets, carrot, and parsnip on a baking sheet overtop parchment paper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and vinegar.
4. Roast for 20 minutes or until they start to crisp.
5. While the root vegetables are roasting, sautee the kale in a pan until just wilted. Set aside.
For the patties
Now that I know how easy patties like this are to make, I can see a lot more of them happening in the future.
1/2 cup each cooked lentils, quinoa, and amaranth seeds
1 duck egg, or 2 chicken eggs
2 tbsp each panko (or bread crumbs), nutritional yeast, and sunflower seeds
1 tbsp each chia seeds and flax seeds
1. Heat oil in a hot pan.
2. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Form in to patties.
4. Fry the patties until crispy.
For the dressing
1 tbsp each honey mustard, horseradish mustard, maple syrup, mayonnaise, and olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Sprig of rosemary, minced
1. Whisk all the ingredients until well blended.
For the final product
Now you have all the components, pile the vegetables nice and high, top it with a patty, and drizzle with the dressing.