I’m not suggesting that mussels are an easy meal to repurpose for a work lunch – this is much more of a weekend lunch idea. By a twist of fate I found myself with a pile of fresh mussels on my hands.
They never stood a chance.
1 lb mussels, washed well, and discarding any opened ones
Whole head of garlic, minced
2 tbsp herbes de provence
2 tbsp butter
1 cup red wine
Nice crusty bread
1. In a large pot, fry garlic with the herbs and butter until nicely browned.
2. Deglaze with the red wine.
3. Add the mussels, and cook for 8 minutes minutes. Discard any unopened ones (apparently you don’t have to do this, you be the judge).
4. Remove mussels and continue to cook down the wine sauce until it is reduced by half.
5. Pour the wine sauce over the mussels. Serve with crusty bread.