What I love about these is that they taste amazing, and you can make a whole batch to last you through a week of lunches, snacks, and even light dinners. This recipes will yield 12-16 rolls, depending on how much you stuff them.
1 cup amaranth seeds
1 cup green lentils
1 cup quinoa
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1 cucumber, peele and julienned
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sriracha hot sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1. Combine amaranth, lentils, and quinoa in a rice cooker. Fill water to the “3” marker. No rice cooker? Put everything in a pot with x cups water, bring to boil, wait x minutes.
2. Once cooked, add the sriracha, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Mix well.
3. Lay out a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat.
4. Spread some of the amaranth mixture on the bottom half, but leaving about an inch of bare nori at the very bottom.
5. Layer on carrots, cucumber, and avocado.
6. Brush the perimeter of the nori lightly with water.
7. Carefully roll everything up, and press the ends shut.
8. Using a wet serrated knife, slice the roll diagonally.