2 cups of millet
2 cups of broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
1 red onion
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 bay leaf
4 allspice seeds
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1. Slice the zucchini in to ribbons. This can be done with a peeler, mandolin, or carefully with a knife.
2. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Boil the zucchini for 30-45 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. Combine vinegar, bay leaf, allspice seeds, maple syrup, and salt in a pan. Bring to a medium boil until salt dissolves.
4. Slice onion thinly and add to vinegar mixture. Boil for five minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Toast the millet in a hot pan. It should start to smell amazing and nutty.
6. Add chicken broth to the millet, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, take the millet off the heat and keep covered for 5 more minutes.
8. Allow onions, millet, and zucchini to cool.
9. Combine onions, millet, and zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.